Masking Tape Shoes


Masking Tape Shoes
Materials: Masking tape, Elmer's glue
Dimensions: 10,1/2 x 4 x 5 inches

          Creating a pair of masking tape shoes was an interesting challenge. The objective was to recreate a pair of my shoes, in particular my high top vans, using only making tape and a minimal amount of glue if needed.  I started with the soles of the shoes creating layers on my cutting board like a sheet of paper.  Next I traced my shoes and began layering the sole to define depth. I also traced the sides and heel of the shoe on a piece of paper, continuing the process of creating depth by adding layers.  I wanted my shoes to replicate the weight, and thickness of my kicks.  This was challenging because the heel was so thick the sides wouldn't hold with just tape so I had to reinforce the material with a little bit of glue.  Overall I was satisfied with my final solution.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touch

Touch

Memento