Balsa Wood Sculpture


Balsa Wood Small Sculpture
1st sculpture Materials: Balsa wood, Paper, Wood Glue
2nd Sculpture Materials: Balsa wood, Wood glue, Masking Tape
1st Sculpture Dimensions: 7 x 4 x 6 1/2 inches 
2nd Sculpture Dimensions: 10 x 4 x 12 inches

1st Sculpture:
Organic
The Objective was to create a small sculpture using only three materials, In the process of discovery I was inspired by the natural curves of flower petals. I was interested in combining an organic shape with bold shapes,I settled for triangles because if flowers were pixilated I believe they would appear as triangles.  I enjoyed the space and relationship that was created between the two shapes, and was overall satisfied with the final product.

2nd Sculpture
Petals
The Objective was to create two small sculptures using only three materials for each.  In search for inspiration I always look to nature for new ideas.  Petals was influenced by the Maypop passion flower, I enjoyed the spiral petals so unique and different then most flowers.  I included this straight structure to support the hanging sculpture. This was difficult to do because of the angle I chose to show case the piece after finding the right balance I was pleased with the final result.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touch

Touch

Memento